Indeed, if I had to define the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds' mascot Dash in a single word, I'd pick "sassy."
Pictured: Dash in the middle of sassing off to the ref about a blown call.
To demonstrate how sassy Dash truly is, I've inserted him into movies that feature some of the most snide, catty, and downright bitchy scenes in movie history.
Let me know if I've left out a key movie; I'd love to do a sequel to this blog!
Also, feel free to mention in the comments which movie you think would win in a sass-off.
1. Dash plots to ruin Reese Witherspoon's reputation and to humiliate Ryan Philippe in Cruel Intentions
Full disclosure: I blacked out Sarah Michelle Gellar's cleavage because the sight of a busty mascot was too terrifying!
2. Gwyneth Paltrow wearing a Dash mask in Emma
3. Dash himself as Emma Woodhouse in Emma
I included two Emma posters because I honestly couldn't decide which was better. What do you think?
4. Dash mocks unfashionable and unpopular teenagers alongside the cast of Heathers
I hope I'm not the only one who remembers this satirical coming-of-age movie.
5. Dash gabs away on an old-school cell phone in Clueless
6. Dash stars in an anthropological study of cliques in Mean Girls
My personal favorite just because I love Dash's hair in this pic.